TechStyleLAB: Digital Design + New Media in Fashion Culture
Exploration of the intersection of New Media and Fashion. Includes research into analog design methods and digital systems of production and supply chain management. Topics include various research and design topics such as, mass-customization, co-creation, material ecology, digital craft and future craft practices.
Through successful completion of classroom and independent lab activities it is expected that you will become proficient using digital fabriciation software and hardware for input and output.
• digitization of 2D and 3D objects
• translation between 2D and 3D
• designing for laser cutting and creating settings for new materials
• 3D printing: basics in modeling and output
• VR and AR basics – digital fashion
• case study ideation
• exploration of co-creation
• new media, digital craft and future craft topic explorations via readings
• accelerators, entrepreneurship, and the cutting edge of business, technology and fashion